Only great and fundamental principles of living can really meet mankind's need. Religion in the new age must be based on truths which are universally accepted. These are:
- The fact of God, both transcendent and immanent.
- Man's relationship to God; we are all "sons of the one father."
- The fact of immortality and of eternal persistence, arising from man's essential divinity.
- The Continuity of Revelation and the Divine Approaches; God has never left Himself without witnesses.
- The fact of our relationship with each other, or of human brotherhood.
- The fact of the Path to God, trodden down the ages by mystics, occultists and saints of every religious faith.
Today another great approach of God to Man, a new revelation is possible. Humanity awaits the reappearance of the world teacher, head of the spiritual Hierarchy, known as the Christ in the West and the Lord Maitreya in the East, and recognised by many names -- Messiah, Imam Mahdi, Zarathustra -- in the different world religions.
The concept of a world religion and the fusion of faiths is now a field of discussion. In the future world all men of spiritual inclination and intention will keep the same holy days, pooling their spiritual resources in a united and simultaneous spiritual invocation.
God works in many ways, through many faiths and religious agencies. The universal platform of the new world religion will be built by emphasising essential doctrines and the unity and fellowship of the spirit.